Wednesday 16 April 2014

REVIEW ON ASSIGNMENT 1 (ANGLE AND COMPOSITION)

Note:

 I will comment my photos based on the following type of guiding questions:

1. What part of the assignment was most difficult to demonstrate in your photo?
2. Which of your photos do you think was the most successful and why?
3. How did this assignment change the way you view taking pictures?
4. Other thoughts on the process.


Review on Assignment 1 (Angle and Composition)

We've been asked to capture 10 photos of life at UTM (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia) based on five concepts that we learned in class which are (1)Simplicity, (2)Balance, (3) Rule of thirds, (4) Framing and (5) Line for Part 1(Basic Composition). All of the photos i captured in UTM campus (i.e: UTM Stadium, UTM Tasik Ilmu, Masjid Sultan Ismail). In addition we also have been asked to choose two or three subject/object in the university campus to photograph from a number of different angles for Part 2 (Angles and Interpretations). For this part 2, I choose three subject which are staircase, bridge and postbox.

1. What part of the assignment was most difficult to demonstrate in your photo?

For this assignment 1, the most difficult part was Part 1 (Basic Composition). The concepts that i hardly to demonstrate is framing concept compared to other concepts. I managed to capture the framing concept at surrounding of Masjid Sultan Ismail (MSI) but I'm not really satisfied with the photos I captured. I try to find other natural setting to become as a framing in my photos but not successful. Sometimes, I don't know which subject should be in frame. I think I need to capture more photos so that I can get the photos that based on this framing concept.

2. Which of your photos do you think was the most successful and why?






I think the most successful photos that I captured is in Part 1 (Basic Composition) which is balance concept. In balance photos, I managed to captured the photos which is in symmetry balance. For me, the photos really captured based on the balance concepts beautifully. So, I'm kinda happy that I managed to capture balance photos successfully. I captured the balance photos of symmetry pattern of brick pathway and door mosque at MSI UTM.

3. How did this assignment change the way you view taking pictures?


This assignment did really change the view of me taking pictures. As they are many concepts that I can apply when capture photos so that my photos not look kinda boring as I might taking pictures with the same boring concept. So, later I could apply all of this 5 concepts in basic composition when capturing photos.  As well as for angles and interpretations, I must learn and use angle concepts to take pictures in different number of angles so that I can capture best shot of the object/subject. I hope in the future, I can create beautiful photos creatively and beautifully. InsyaaAllah.

4. Other thoughts on the process.

Along the way to capture all those photos, I often talked to myself, how really difficult to take a good photos. Plus, I need to follow the 5 concepts very well in basic composition. As well as for angles and interpretations. This task makes me feel challenged as I need to find a suitable spots in UTM campus only to create those photos. Anyway, there must be a good reasons why Dr. Jamal asked us to capture photos at university campus. So, I try to complete the assignments even for me as a beginner feels difficult to capture photos that really turn out as good photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment