Friday 7 March 2014

Week 4 : Photography and Light

In week four, we learned about Photography and Light. However, I was absent this week because I went for job's interview in Kuching. Alhamdulillah, the job interview went well and I flew back to Johor Bahru on the very next day. Hmmm.. So sad I missed Visual Technology Production class again. 

Anyway, as usual, for this week's lesson, I asked my friend, Afi on what things that I missed in class. Afi told me that Dr. Jamal had given us assignment to do throughout this semester. In addition, the e-learning also helps me to download notes and get reference from this week's lesson. So, even I missed class, I still can catch up this week's lesson from e-learning as in Dr. Jamal updated the e-learning frequently. I am feel very grateful and "syukur sangat".

 Alright then, since I'm not attended the class. I learned about the photography and light from variety sources which is given by Dr. Jamal in e-learning. So, I watched this video from YouTube. This video is about Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and Light explained-understanding. 



Hmm..after I watched it, I think i understand it theoretically. But somehow, I need to try it myself and practice how to use the mode dial : Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual and Program mode. And how the light influence the outcome of the picture. How the photographer using the light to get the composition they wanted. 

This is another video suggested by Dr. Jamal. This video is about 3 basics of exposure and photography. How he relate 3 basics things in photography with animation.




In this week, we also learned about how to shoot in manual mode. In Manual Mode, you can control all : Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO. You can refer to this page on How to Shoot Manual mode- Cheat Sheet.

Videos that you can watch about Shooting Manual Mode:

1. How to set Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO when shooting in Manual Mode
2. Shoot in Manual Mode Pt. 1 - Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO explained
3. Shoot in Manual Mode Pt. 2 - A Visual Photography Tutorial

In summary, I will try to shoot using mode dial and try to relate 3 basic things in photography and how light also related to them. Wish me good luck.All is well.




No comments:

Post a Comment